Timbaland Beats Own Track To Become Biggest U.K. Radio Song
Timbaland's hit track Apologize has been named the biggest radio song in U.k. history.
The song beat Timbaland's 2006 collaboration with singer Nelly Furtado to become the most-played song on British radio since the airwaves were monitored in 1987.
Promiscuous was spun 10,306 times in a single seven-day period in 2006, but the hip-hop star beat the record by 25 spins (10,331) last week.
British radio tracking firm Mediaware also named Beyonce Knowles' hit Irreplaceable and Justin Timberlake's track SexyBack in its top 10.
The top 10 is as follows:
1. Timbaland/OneRepublic - Apologize
2. Nelly Furtado - Promiscuous
3. Beyonce - Irreplaceable
4. Justin Timberlake - SexyBack
5. Fergie - Big Girls Don't Cry
6. Avril Lavigne - Complicated
7. Nelly Furtado - Say It Right
8. Shakira featuring Wyclef Jean - Hips Don't Lie
9. Nickelback - How You Remind Me
10. Justin Timberlake - What Goes Around Comes Around.